or make 4 interest-free payments of fortnightly with More info
*Additonal Bottle for LARGE tanks
Note: NOT compatible with all fibreglass or plastic tanks.
Tank Prep is a rust remover and metal etch, it does not remove grease! You must always use a Kreem Tank Cleaner/Degreaser on your tank prior to using Tank Prep. This is also important on new tanks which come with an oily protective coating.
KREEM FUEL TANK LINER is designed for use as a preventive maintenance product in metal tanks new and old; containing gasoline, gasohol, or diesel. KREEM TANK LINER has a unique formulation with extremely rapid set-up that prevents leakage from hairline cracks and seam pinholes by coating the tank’s inner surface with a fuel resistant elastomer. Not for plastic tanks. KREEM is NOT compatible with all fiberglass tanks. You must spot test before use. Read the Kreem “how to” brochure for detailed application instructions.
STORAGE & HANDLING: Store product at 60-80 degrees for maximum storage life. High temperatures reduce normal storage life. Lower temperatures cause increased viscosity of a temporary nature. Rotate stock on a first in - first out basis.
It is critical that the inside of the tank have an oil-free surface without rust to insure proper adhesion. We recommend Kreem Tank-Prep Kit A & B, our two part system for rust removal and metal etching.
1. Wash out tank with hot soapy water. If the tank if badly rusted and has loose flaky rust add stones or nuts and bolts and agitate to remove the loose rust. For new tanks it is important to remove the oily protective coating. An industrial strength detergent, or a commercial degreaser/cleaner like KREEM’s new Tank Cleaner/Degreaser, acetone, M.E.K. should be used.
2. After completing step 1, and to obtain maximum adhesion, the surface rust should be removed and the metal surface etched, this can be accomplished by using Kreem Tank Prep A & B Kit, or some other acid based rust remover that also etches metal. Repeat if necessary until all rust is removed.
3. Rinse tank with water until all traces of Tank-Prep A (acid etch) are removed. Drain out excess water. Using Tank-Prep B (acetone or M.E.K.) rinse thoroughly removing trace amounts of water. CAUTION: these chemicals are flammable. The tank is now ready for immediate coating.
1. Shake or stir well before use. Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Stop all outlets except fill spout.
2. Pour Liner into tank and coat entire inner surface by slowly rotating tank in all directions.When all surfaces have been completely coated, a generous excess should remain. Let tank stand for 8-10 minutes with spout open, then close spout and slowly rotate tank allowing excess to re-coat all surfaces. Let tank stand for an additional 8-10 minutes with spout open however, this time on a different side. Repeat this until the tank has the desired coating. Do not allow coating to drain to one area and dry. Drain off excess coating for later use.
3. Drain any excess, remove all stops and allow to air-dry in a well ventilated area for at least 24 hours. A nozzle from a low pressure air compressor blowing lightly into the fuel spout and out another opening will greatly reduce setup time.
4. For extra protection, air-dry first coat for 6 hours or longer and repeat step 2 of application process.
For small tanks (1-5 gallons) use one pint LINER. For larger tanks use one quart per 20 gallon of tank capacity. If the tank contains baffles, be sure to consider the increase in surface area. For spraying or brushing thin with methyl ethyl ketone to desired consistency. Remove the tank from the vehicle, remove any valves and petcocks, and stop all outlets.
Kreem Tank Liner is not designed for use in aircraft oil tanks or tanks using a plastic component also not for tanks containing liquids above 238 degrees F.
CAUTION: Surface prep solutions may damage paint.
CONTAINS METHYL ETHYL KETONE DO NOT BREATH FUMES
Avoid contact with eyes; keep from heat, sparks or flame. do not smoke, extinguish all flames and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or prolonged breathing of vapors.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact flush thoroughly with water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. If vomiting occurs spontaneously, keep victim’s head below his hips to prevent his breathing the vomit into his lungs.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
The above notation and the information contained therein is made in lieu of all warranties express or implied. Seller’s and manufacturer’s only obligation shall be to replace such quantity of the produce provided to be detective. Neither Seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any injury loss or damage, direct or consequential arising out of the use or the inability to use the product. Before using the user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended purpose and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. The above notation may not be altered except by an agreement signed by the officer of seller and manufacturer - KREEM PRODUCTS.